Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE)
The candidate for Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) must have five (5) years of suitable experience in broadcast engineering or related technology.
Substitution of broadcast engineering, or education in related technologies, for experience may be made as follows:
- A state registered Professional Engineer's license will count as four (4) years experience for all levels of certification.
- A Bachelor Degree will count as four (4) years experience.
- An Associate Degree will count as two (2) years experience.
- Years of related accredited education, i.e., military, correspondence, etc. can be substituted, year for year, up to four (4) years.
- Applicant will not receive dual credit for concurrent years of experience and education.
The Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer exam: Exams are three hours and consist of 50 multiple-choice questions Each exam is computer-selected from a pool of questions, and every exam is unique. Each question is worth two (2) points.
One essay-type question is selected specifically for each applicant, based on their reported background and training. Each essay question is worth 20 points.
Order the CBNE CertPreview
Some of the general areas of emphasis on the CBNE will be:
Audio/Video over IP for Broadcast
- Routing approaches
- IP address management
- UDP and TCP
- Utilizing VPNs
- QOS and Packet Loss and Jitter
- Wireless transmission performance issues
Digital Content Management
- SMPTE/EBU Metadata framework
- General Metadata wrappers
- Process of MAM (Media asset management)
- Content management
- Digital Rights management
Video Systems in an IT World
- Networked Media
- Basics of File-Based Workflows
- Storage and play-out systems as optimized for video
- Large scale backup strategies
- Database connectivity (ODBC)
- High-Availability Design and Architecture
Data Transmission Systems and Practices
- OSI layers
- IP Address Assignment
- DS and OC System data rates and service options
General PC Hardware, interconnection, and backup
- Hard Drive Types and Applications
- MAC Addresses and NICs
- Categories of interconnection wiring
- UTP and STP, Fiber Optic systems
- System Fault Tolerance, RAID, SAN, NAS
- UPS Systems
The suggested reference list for the CBNE certification exam is now available.